Friday, May 15, 2009

Houston....Address Unknown


So when we first took this big ol' leap of faith we made a decision that we weren't going to do it with eyes clamped shut, we were going to keep them wide open looking for alligators, snakes & rats that could bite us in the tushies when we landed. We also were on the lookout for branches, rings or anything else we could snatch onto in case we needed to create a pause in our big ol' leap.

So the other day we heard some pretty scary warnings about a pretty major player in this "Build a House" game. We decided to call a time out and approach the mound, ask a few questions & either proceed in the same direction or call out a different player to replace them.

Yesterday we approached this player. Honestly, I was a bit scared to do this (I hate confrontation, what if there's screaming involved, or hitting or spitting or worse!-NO MORE HOUSE DREAM!). But I had a secret weapon....a silent partner....a brilliant strategist who knows his stuff---my hubby! He approached it like a pro, asked intelligent questions, asked for documentations & all things necessary for him to review the situation & make a decision.

And that's where we are now....We are reviewing. (Perhaps I need to review my overuse, misuse & the appropriate meshing of metaphors while I'm at it! hee hee) We are making a decision & we are proceeding with the next phase....Bid Gathering!

We hope to close on the construction loan by next Friday & then to celebrate....
We're gonna dig a BIG HOLE & pour some cement in it! YAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment