Thursday, May 14, 2009

Please Contain Your Excitement! No Really, Please Do...

Last night I attended Carson's school program, it was cute, it was musical & the kids were darling...especially mine, but I digress & I don't want to make you feel bad because your kid couldn't do those fancy dance moves like mine did so I'll move on....*grins*

So, as we were leaving some guy comes up behind me, leans over my shoulder & whispers in my ear

"I'm so excited!"

I jerked around, really grossed out & completely freaked out & trying not to have a fist-throwing or expletive-flying meltdown (those apparently are reserved for overaged cleavage-baring glitter queens & I'm not one of them!). As I am trying to figure out who thought it was ok to invade my personal space in such a....well.....in such a personal way, the man rattles on.....

"I talked to your husband today & heard you're building a house & I'm so excited for you guys. That's so neat & I'm so excited......"

Ok, I thought, thanks....but next time, please try & contain yourself. Or at least refrain from sharing that excitement in such an inappropriate way. It completely freaked me out & you almost learned first hand (or elbow, foot or knee) how UNEXCITED I was about the whole ear whispering deal. I'm still sick to my stomach & trying not to vomit. (or hit you, kick you, or rearrange the order of your facial features!)

Back to your regulaly scheduled wait for the blog I will post about Houston, and a problem we are hoping we don't have there.

No comments:

Post a Comment